1. Among the following which has higher electron affinity value?
a) Fluorine b) Chlorine c) Bromine d) Iodine.
2. Among the following which has the maximum ionisation energy?
a) Alkali metals b) Alkaline earth metals c) Halogens d) Noble gases.
3. Effective nuclear charge Z* is given by the equation / can be calculated using the formula
a) Z*=Z-S b) Z* =Z+S c) Z*=S-Z d) Z = Z* - S.
4. Noble gases have _____ electron affinity
a) High b) Low c) Zero d) Very low.
a) decreases b) increases c) first increases and then decreases d) remains a constant/
a) decreases b) increases c) no change d) all of these.
6. The bond length of Cl2 molecule is
a) 0.74 Å b) 1.44 Å c) 1.98 Å d) 2.28 Å
7. The electron affinity of an atom is
a) directly proportional to its size b) inversely proportional to its size
c) independent of its size d) none of these.
8. The metal having maximum electron affinity is
a) sodium b) calcium c) gold d) silver.
9. The order of ionisation energy is
a) s<p<d<f b) s > p > d > f c) s>d>p>f d) s<d<p<f.
10. The scale which is based on an empirical relation between the energy of a bond and the electronegatvities of bonded atoms is that of
a) Pauling b) Mulliken c) Sanderson d) Alfred Rochow.
11. When XA>> XB, A - B bond is
a) polar covalent b) non-polar covalent c) ionic d) metallic
12. In a molecule eight electrons are present in bonding molecular orbital and four electrons are present in anti-bonding molecular orbital. Its bond order isa) 3 b) 1 c) 2.5 d) 2
13. Water exists in liquid state. This is due toa) high boiling point b) low boiling point c) freezing point is zero d) hydrogen bond